Questions? Email or call 1-626-794-3119.
How to Debate a Creationist (2nd. Ed.), by Michael Shermer
Price: $5.00 $3.75
25% discount: $1.25
Part I: What Is Evolution?
- What the theory of evolution says, and does not say.
- Debates about evolution among scientists.
Part II: The Relationship of Science & Religion
- Are science and religion in an either/or conflict?
- Can they peacefully coexist in separate worlds? Might science someday subsume religion?
Part III: Debating a Creationist
- An Evening With Duane T. Gish
- Creation mythology around the world
- The real meaning of myths is denigrated by trying to make them into science
Part IV: Old & New Creationism
25 Creationist Arguments & 25 Evolutionist Answers
- Philosophically based arguments: 1–12
- Scientifically based arguments: 13–25
Part V: The New Creationism
Intelligent Design Theory & its Discontents
The Evolution of Creationism
- The attempt to ban evolution
- The demand for equal time for Genesis
- Presenting creationism as science
- Why creationism is not science. The U.S. Supreme Court ends the new creationism
The Rise of Intelligent Design Theory
- Ten Intelligent Design Arguments and Ten Answers. The Nature of the Designer; Methodological Supernaturalism;
- Intelligent Design Intervention; Irreducible Complexity;
- Inference to Design; The Universe and Life Fine Tuned;
- Explanatory Gaps; The Conservation of Information and the Explanatory Filter; Science Education and Debating Evolution;
- Non-Religious Commitments
- The Evolution of Creationism
Customers who bought the item shown above also bought…
|Evolution vs. Creationism: An Introduction, by Eugenie C. Scott||$29.95|
|The Bible Against Itself (paperback), by Randel Helms||$15.95|
|The Soul of Science, by Michael Shermer||$5.00|
|Skeptic Magazine Subscription (Print Edition)||$30 and up|